Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 484 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Naveed

Have you been to Basits old garage?? If so, its in the same line.....opposite the fuel station. Can pmail you his cell number if you want.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi

@asad Whats the latest on your ragtop. The problem with my bugs gear is that the second and third gear sometimes slip.
    i was told by romano and khalid that if caught in time this can be rectified. sometimes it has to do with some adjustment in the gearbox (or was it the clutch setup?), and sometimes it can be due to low fluid levels. do let us know since i'm very eager to find out if this is true or not. I have been studying gearboxes alot lately since i'm planning on switching out my ratios (4.125)for even longer ones (3.875) since my car is supposed to be running those ratios with a 1600cc (1600cc 1303's had AT & AU gearboxes)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962575

(Y) to our fuel quality

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm

that is what i was thinking about the cutouts, they look like europa ones but as far as i have ever seen ALL 73-74 1303 models (standard, L, S & LS) had triangular cutouts and afterthat they had the hydraulic style ones (pionty ovals).Aare these possibly 1302 fenders on a 1303?

Only reason i'm asking you is that i know i'll get a REAL answer and not liek most guys (a shot in the air). I had to source the triangle shaped rubbers from the U for my car since i could only find the "stock" style rubbers here in PK.

BTW do you ever use my starting method if your car has been standing for a while or shoudl my lines always have fuel in them? i've noticed that with 1-2 caps of fuel the car fires right up (i guess the fuel evaporates from the carb). If i don't use this method i have to sit and crank the nuts off the car to a point where the battery starts dying.....:@

eagerly awaiting pics of the thing(s) (Y)

Quite honestly, Im not 100% sure on the cutouts of Supers. But from what Ive seen, few of the 1303 I have seen had the triangular/oval cutouts, most having what we see here. But then there is a possibility as you say of '02 fenders on the '03.

I have almost never/never used the starting method you described. Its called 'petrol soonghana' (sniffing petrol) in local mechanics slang. I dont think this is at all normal. There is a fault somewhere in the fuel lines.

Fuel may evaporate from the carb but it should take a *few* cranks at the most, not something leading to an almost dead battery.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Asad

Thanks for the gear advice I guess these checks will have to be conducted under your supervision and which can be whenever uare at LNH.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are Thing shots for you......

Actually a pair of things are with Basit belonging to a well respected local Dub enthusiast by the name of Faisal. Unfortunately he has yet to join this forum. Both the Things are being restored....would try to get more pics of the two things when I go on future spying missions.....

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962576

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962577

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962578

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962579

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962580

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962581

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962582

Storm....I guess your heart rate is up????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque
    I have almost never/never used the starting method you described. Its called 'petrol soonghana' (sniffing petrol) in local mechanics slang. I dont think this is at all normal. There is a fault somewhere in the fuel lines.

Fuel may evaporate from the carb but it should take a *few* cranks at the most, not something leading to an almost dead battery.

ok, any suggestions on where to start looking on my fuel lines? i was thinking that there was an issue since my 68's used to start up after about 10 seconds of cranking. weak pump? blocked filter? etc.

usually after a week of standing at home the carb is empty and even the filter is dry. i've watched the filter fill up quickly when the car is cranked and cranked and cranked. it seems the lines are dry all the way till the fuel tank, as soon as fuel reaches the filter she fires up in an instant.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Naveed

You are welcome.

Lol! You want me to get kicked out by my boss?? Imagine the look on patients and thier relatives' faces if they see their doctor crawling out from underneath a VW with greasy hands minutes after ging them good advice on thier condition!!

You are welcome to meet me at LNH if convinient and I can spare time. Else we can arrange to meet somewhere. What would suit you?? Syed Sahabs garage at Lalukhet dak khana or maybe my own mechs place at Sindhi Muslim?? We can arrange soemthing....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi

naveed, resize the image in MS paint or something then reload it and it'll work

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

Im half asleep (but excitedly typing away and posting pics) so please excuse if I miss stuff in the notes below:

My theory narrows the problem down to the following possibilities:

1. Fuel line having a leak somewhere. It may be a very tiny leak which allows air in a sitting car to enter the line which replaces the fuel eventually.

2. Wrong routing of the fuel line. Does it climb to an abnormally high point anywhere along its route?? That may result in gravitational emptying of the line in a sitting car. A reverse siphon towards the tank may be set up.

3. Unvented fuel cap/unventilated fuel tank. While running, a vacuum may be created in the fuel tank which pulls fuel back into the tank and then a column of air once the car is switched off. You may rule this out by opening the fuel tank cap immediately/as you switch the engine off.

4. Faulty fuel pump allowing air into the lines. Not too sure as this may lead to other symptoms too.

5. Choked fuel filter/s as you say. Also take a look if you have the original wire gauze kinda filter mesh in the tank and waht condition thats in.

6. Gunk and crud in the fuel lines/tank. A high probability seeing the sample in the water bottle.

7. Im sure I can think of more *when* I can think with a clear head.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is the Split Bus posted before. Belongs to a friend of mine. He too does not post here often. This is the same bus that had grafitti painted on it a while back. Undergoing a no expense spared slow resto.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962583

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962584

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962585

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962586

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

those things have raised my BP a little,.. one looks like it has had a radiator fit in the front at one time in its life but in another pic one looks like it has an Original rollcage,... i think i'm going to wet myself!!!!!

Glad t hear that they are with an enthusiast and look forward to seeing them when they are back rolling on th eroads (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque

3. Unvented fuel cap/unventilated fuel tank. While running, a vacuum may be created in the fuel tank which pulls fuel back into the tank and then a column of air once the car is switched off. You may rule this out by opening the fuel tank cap immediately/as you switch the engine off.
    i think that's it!! i removed the vent from the tank a while back since the line was leaking,... will check it out ASAP,.. thanks buddy

@all
    how's that for professionalism? he diagnosed the problem from KHI!!! (Y)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962587

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SON OF A B****!!!! that is a SWEET bus!

more pics, more details....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks to my wife.the pics been resized... and of course now she wants her name in the credits ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

Thanks! I hope the theory holds up. Then you can say the problem has been pinpointed.

The Things do have a lot of juicy stuff. One is quite bad with a weird modern meter grafted into the dash etc but hopefully both would turn out into interesting "Things" at the end!

There is removable fibreglass type hardtop too which looks original to me. Would snap it and post for you.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List