Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 306 of 484 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mjaffrani View Post
    General Tyre does make 15 size tyres for vw i bought one last month to replace my spare tyre. check you local tyre shop and they may be able to help you.
    I dont think so. The link I shared is from their website and it was only today when I checked their website and there is no such thing in their line of products as 5.60-15 neither there is any mentioning of JET AIR, a trademark which is registered in General Tires name.

You have gotten lucky with finding some NOS (New Old Stock) Tires from some dealer there in KHI.

I might be wrong and I wish I am as I am planning to source a spare set for Patina-my 1965 in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    I dont think so. The link I shared is from their website and it was only today when I checked their website and there is no such thing in their line of products as 5.60-15 neither there is any mentioning of JET AIR, a trademark which is registered in General Tires name.

You have gotten lucky with finding some NOS (New Old Stock) Tires from some dealer there in KHI.

I might be wrong and I wish I am as I am planning to source a spare set for Patina-my 1965 in advance.
    I believe General does a limited production run either once a year or at specific intervals when there is a demand. You may want to contact a General authorized dealer and let him know your requirement. He might be able to give you a better timeline.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    I believe General does a limited production run either once a year or at specific intervals when there is a demand. You may want to contact a General authorized dealer and let him know your requirement. He might be able to give you a better timeline.
    Have done a little bit of home work on this tip and there are some results too as I talked to the General Tyre Industries Head Office & JET AIR's sole distributor in Pakistan (Lahore) today. Major area of discussion was readily available stock of 5.60-15 Stock Size General and/or JET AIR brand.

Would share as soon as some material information is passed through to me, though it wont be any earlier than the Monday.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Jet Air 5.00/5.60-15 Stock Tyres

Some of you might want to see the JET AIR 5.00/5.60-15 Stock Tyres, luckily Patina (my 1965 bug) has all five wheels in JET AIR in pretty good shape. Here is a close up shot from my DIY thread (note the fine ringed ribs just outside the "JET AIR"):

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -235316

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The pictures of the last ISB meet were sent via google group e-mail. . . Check ur e-mail everyone
    Labrador Puppies FOR SALE: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sale/139500-labrador-pups-show-winner-parents-sale

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    Yes they runs it every year in June/July for 5.60-16s. 'Bahadurshah's Local Dealer stated'

I roll on a shell

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
    Yes they runs it every year in June/July for 5.60-16s. 'Bahadurshah's Local Dealer stated'

@-SS-

How recent stock this BahadurShah Dealer has in his storage? Does he have the 2010 June/July Production in stores? And the info on the brand name too (whether he has GENERAL Brand or the JET AIR Brand).

If you dont have this information, please share the contact information of this dealer at BahadurShah.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
    MJ,

From where i can get 5.60-15 General? i want the whole set.
    you're better off using generals "euro star" range which come in 175/65R15 & 195/65R15 over those horrible "traction rib" tyres. you can buy an almost new set from any tyre walla for 2000rs a tyre many people swap out tyres from their honda citys so you are guaranteed to get a very good set. we are using them on a few cars already (started by Znaqvi). very economical and MUCH better than the alternatives.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by funkycapricorn View Post
    The pictures of the last ISB meet were sent via google group e-mail. . . Check ur e-mail everyone
    didn't recieve anything...
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ would some one please post the pics here...
    My heart is a Flat 4!! 62' VW Type-1, 76' VW Sunroof SuperBeetle... To me my VolksWagen, to you yours...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've got a 65 steering and column (white) in my parts bin and want to exchange it for a post 68 set, anyone interested?

if you have a post 68 steering & shaft (any condition) i'm willing to buy it for my Thing. thanks in advance.

still awaiting the pics from the meet......

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I've got a 65 steering and column (white) in my parts bin and want to exchange it for a post 68 set, anyone interested?

if you have a post 68 steering & shaft (any condition) i'm willing to buy it for my Thing. thanks in advance.

still awaiting the pics from the meet......
    I want the swap. Will email the pics of the column and the steering later today.

Patina needs a white steering wheel.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default brake switch

do anyone has the brake switch for brake master cylinder? someone was telling me that a new supply of same was coming this month?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    I want the swap. Will email the pics of the column and the steering later today.

Patina needs a white steering wheel.
    great news! do note that the steering i have needs work. if you'd like i can try and get it restored but i cannot guarantee anything (better if you get it done locally). It is "as is" from when romano and i bought all the left-overs from a scrapped 65 which eneded up being converted into a lamborghini....

i can send you my set and if you are not happy with it i am more than willing to BUY your one off you as well (if exchange isn't fair in your view).

thanks for the quick reply buddy.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    great news! do note that the steering i have needs work. if you'd like i can try and get it restored but i cannot guarantee anything (better if you get it done locally). It is "as is" from when romano and i bought all the left-overs from a scrapped 65 which eneded up being converted into a lamborghini....

i can send you my set and if you are not happy with it i am more than willing to BUY your one off you as well (if exchange isn't fair in your view).

thanks for the quick reply buddy.
    Sent you the email with the pictures from my archives of the set that I had. Please check your mail.

No need to send over the set. Just get me a few pics if possible including a couple of close-ups on the cracked/damaged areas that would help me decide how to go about it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sibghat4u View Post
    do anyone has the brake switch for brake master cylinder? someone was telling me that a new supply of same was coming this month?
    the brake switches are already there with Romano. Suggest you contact him at the earliest as they went quite quickly the last time round.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ty nmshaikh.... do u know wht else he has? plz share list @ sibghat@gmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

has anyone tried installation of keyless entry solution in their beetles? does it works and is it effective?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

has anyone tried installation of keyless entry solution in their beetles? does it works and is it effective?
    very bad idea as this involves fitting wiring into the doors. i've yet to see a workable solution for this in PK. they all work for a while but then they fail miserably. the more electronics people try and fit into a beetle, the more trouble they are asking for.

it's not too hard to insert a key and turn it in the lock.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ty nmshaikh.... do u know wht else he has? plz share list @ sibghat@gmail.com
    the stock keeps changing, have you signed up on the VWCOP google group yet? hasn't el presidente posted up a list there yet? just give romano a call and pester him.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List