I have visited 4 Workshops and 3 Autoparts and traveled almost 300km from Jhelum-Islamabad-Rawalpindi-Dina(jhelum)-SaraiAlamgir(Gujrat)
alhamdu it was a useful visit, i conclude.
1. 1st stop was Toyota Capital Motors 3S islamabad, they dont treat professionally at all. After reception, they took my car to a Jack-Lifter and within 5 mins they told that they cannot estimate overhauling expense as we need to dis mental it first and blaw blaw blaw
They charged me for Rs.2000 and no inspection report or no expense estimate. Totally non-professional attitude, very dis-appointing for me.
2- second stop Rawalpindi, My Adeel is a geniuine guy, qualified professional auto-machenic working with his own hands. He checked the car in his own way and list down the required items for Engine overhauling. He asked many question regarding Engine performance, Engine oil burns, Car milage/Litre and usage etc. He proposed to opt for Full Overhauling and use the best available parts for better performance and economical mileage.
3. Third stop was in Dina City, a Tehsil of Jhelum, Mistri Haneef is a famous mechanic, he checked car in his way, he also informed me as good he can.
4. Fourth and last stop was my own experienced Mechanic, Mistri Haji Farooq, he is one of best mechanic in Jheum, working in Sarai Alamgir, a town accross the river Jhelum. He knows everything about my car, and he simply asked me to come at 9am on saturday for overhauling. He gives 3 month free service guarantee of his work if the parts and work is as per his recommndation.
The auto-parts and their variety is a bit confusing. before today, i was having a view that Genuine Parts of Corolla and Japanese Parts are equally same, but i got amazed to know their is huge difference in prices all around. Like, Piston Set Genuine is costing Rs.8,000 and Piston Set Japanese is costing Rs.3,800.
After all these details, i have few question and in the end I will request your suggestions.
1. What is the difference between Japanese parts and Genuine parts, as I think both are made in Japan?
2. What can be performance difference in Japanese and Genuine parts as Mr.Adeel Rawalpindi said so that they are made by company for specific car so these are recommendable while both Mistri Hanif and Mistri Haji Farooq were of view that ther is no differnce in performance, company is over-charging for just brand name?
3. Which auto-shop should be given preference as I am personally of view that my own Mistri-Haji Farooq sahib, a 60 year old with plenty of overhauling experience, is better. The attraction in this choice is that He is 5km away from my residence and I can reach him in case of any problem easily.
All of you seniors and auto-lovers are requested to reply and highlight their views boldly and clearly. I will consider your suggestions in sha ALLah and Allah Pak can give you better reward.