Well, the fuel gauge issue is becoming too annoying to me. 1 electrician in Isb has attempted to fix it twice, with end result of zero and a lot of my money wasted. other in Khanna Pul, the end result being the same.
Today I decided to get my hands dirty with this gauge stuff. It wasn't a success, but surely gained a lot by managing to open and close the fuel tank and meters in dash properly (to some extent!!!)
Here are the proceedings:
Fuel Tank Opened
Removing the seats to find out the fuel tank and poorly wired outputs for gauge.
1 nozzle is unconnected, don't know what it is for???
Almost empty tank:
The multimeter to measure the signal:
Now I noted the reading across the two wires coming out of the tank, which was 4.16V
Readings during extreme ranges
By moving the sensor position from bottom most to top most, following were the readings:
Top most location (Tank full) = 0.6V
Bottom most location (Tank empty) = 4.4V
As you can see in the tank picture above, it was almost empty, hence giving reading very close to empty one (4.16 vs 4.4 V)
Having noted the readings near tank, now we move towards the dashboard:
Had never opened the cluster, so it took a bit of time to trace all the screws. This cover took a lot of time to remove, mainly because I had not removed the steering: