not an expert but let me summarize a few practices;
- take it a reputable SUV/4x4 workshop and let them examine it for u or take their expert to the vehicle or showroom
- we were once offered(on safarish) to take the vehicle to customs dept and their inspector would do it, assume a small gift to customs dept can get you this service
- decode the chassis no. and compare with the vehicle n its documentation
- check seat belt stickers which in some SUV provide year of manufacture etc. compare this with vehicle's documentation
- 15 inspection might help which is done by police experts and adding some sweetener helps here as well
if there's any hint of body change, walk away from the deal n this thread (especially post #12 onwards)explains why https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/199098-re-registration-modified-jeeps
Trim means GX, VX etc which is similiar to Xli, Gli of corollas., if your looking for an 80 series do spend some time on https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/142947-toyota-land-cruiser-80-series-1989-1998-a
in addition to experts tagged above @noman8ff, @Haroon_Tarar, @qwertypoiu, @Demonoid, @akifjanjua can help alot.
Last but not the least, if this is your first SUV/4x4 purchase, do NOT buy without a comprehensive pre-purchase inspection from a reputable SUV/4x4 workshop (not the normal workshop) as this 2-3k might save you 200-300k and there are plenty of threads that explain how and why.
the method explained on your other thread (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/251123-suv-body-change-detection#post4758775) hold true for an LC80 as well, seems you have 3 threads on the same topic