842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      45 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
      Its not about hating Honda's. Its about the mentality. The problem is with the person sitting behind the wheel thinking he is on top of the world cuz he has a R18 at his disposal and because its a Civic and its a new car, it will tackle corners like spreading butter on toast. There is no denying that. So yeah, kinda agree with what has been said.

Besides, the 10th gen looks like a sport back rather than a sedan. The body is out of proportion compared to the wheels and the wheels themselves are horrid.

On the plus side, its still better looking than the 11th gen Corolla.
      It's about hating and brand loyalty. Xulfiqar bhai is Loyal to Mercedes
      Well you're right about other thing but it's not just about Honda, people who drive aggressively aren't only Civic drivers, at least this is what I've seen. Corolla/LC/Prado/Lexus etc. Lets make it short, the youth doesn't care which car they're driving, they just want to be aggresive on road whether they're in Mehran or a Civic or a Corolla.
      Tum karo to tumara HAQ!
      Hum karay to What The F F Fish?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      55 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kick_in View Post
      It's about hating and brand loyalty. Xulfiqar bhai is Loyal to Mercedes
      Well you're right about other thing but it's not just about Honda, people who drive aggressively aren't only Civic drivers, at least this is what I've seen. Corolla/LC/Prado/Lexus etc. Lets make it short, the youth doesn't care which car they're driving, they just want to be aggresive on road whether they're in Mehran or a Civic or a Corolla.
      It just depends upon the person as well. Every person have their own driving style, some like to lead and be aggressive on road.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      45 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
      It just depends upon the person as well. Every person have their own driving style, some like to lead and be aggressive on road.
      I am talking about those.
      Tum karo to tumara HAQ!
      Hum karay to What The F F Fish?

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      18 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Its not about hating Honda's. Its about the mentality. The problem is with the person sitting behind the wheel thinking he is on top of the world cuz he has a R18 at his disposal and because its a Civic and its a new car, it will tackle corners like spreading butter on toast. There is no denying that. So yeah, kinda agree with what has been said.
      It is about the mentality yes! but it shouldn't be associated with civic. Honestly I see more of the cultus Euro II owners doing what you are saying about the R18 owners.....

Besides, the 10th gen looks like a sport back rather than a sedan. The body is out of proportion compared to the wheels and the wheels themselves are horrid.
      Spont on! The renders are looking way better than the real thing. The rims and the tyre size is just off.

Overall a pleasant change, I was never a fan of 2 din so this is looking better, however, as @ mentioned I too am missing the needles, for me though there is no substitute for an analog speedometer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      31 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I like the design .Good to see a normal car interior unlike 2 tier dashboard in previous models.Also finally going toyota way by giving cvt
      This should have been the 9th gen instead of the ugly model

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
      Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      171 Post(s)
      Tagged
      6 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Flame View Post
      It is about the mentality yes! but it shouldn't be associated with civic. Honestly I see more of the cultus Euro II owners doing what you are saying about the R18 owners.....

Spont on! The renders are looking way better than the real thing. The rims and the tyre size is just off.

Overall a pleasant change, I was never a fan of 2 din so this is looking better, however, asahmadbila mentioned I too am missing the needles, for me though there is no substitute for an analog speedometer.
      Try driving a better car on the motorway and over taking a few other cars. The civic clan is one that will always loose their minds and try proving a point when it comes to overtaking on the motorway. Of course its not just the civic guys, corolla drivers do it, even axios, premios and what not.

The thing I hate most is people claiming they drove from lahore to islamabad in 2.5 Hours speeding at 170-180. So what? Do you want a reward? Money? Every car these days can go that fast. Cars the size of dinkies can go faster than that. The majority of cars that overtake me on the motorway while I'm keeping within the speed limits are either Corollas or Civics. For anyone who drives cars like these at insane speeds and claiming it was childs play need to sit behind the wheel of a real car and get to know what its like driving a can and driving a car.

Having said that, I hope Honda Pakistan actually does introduce some of the better features that are available on foreign markets. Also the 1.5 turbo sounds fun, except I dont think it will be introduced. If honda keep up with the old R18, alot of the charisma of the 10th gen civic will fade away.
      My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
      http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
      I like the design .Good to see a normal car interior unlike 2 tier dashboard in previous models.Also finally going toyota way by giving cvt
      This should have been the 9th gen instead of the ugly model

agreed just like Zardari who wasted our precious 5 years ....9th gen pushed Honda backwards in terms of exterior for five years.....

love the long hood....its also like Porsche Panamera , Isn't??...hmm well ya...let me see.....actually its better then that
      ******Aristrocrat******

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Stop defaming 9th gen over here. 9th gen has its own charm which many of us don't understand.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Yaar don't start this 9th gen vs 10th gen thingy now ...
      Market mai ane to do pehly car ko ...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
      Stop defaming 9th gen over here. 9th gen has its own charm which many of us don't understand.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
      admit that 9th gen was a mess....I have 8th gen since 2007...awaited terribly for 9th gen but was disappointed like anything....now I have to wait for atleast a year for this beauty...if we are lucky.....

check international media for last 4-5 years and see how 9th gen has brought disgrace to Honda ......its number dropped terrribly across the globe.....Hyundai took real advantage of it in USA, Mazda in South Africa etc....on the lighter note, Tata nano in India ...pun not intended
      ******Aristrocrat******

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Try driving a better car on the motorway and over taking a few other cars. The civic clan is one that will always loose their minds and try proving a point when it comes to overtaking on the motorway. Of course its not just the civic guys, corolla drivers do it, even axios, premios and what not.

The thing I hate most is people claiming they drove from lahore to islamabad in 2.5 Hours speeding at 170-180. So what? Do you want a reward? Money? Every car these days can go that fast. Cars the size of dinkies can go faster than that. The majority of cars that overtake me on the motorway while I'm keeping within the speed limits are either Corollas or Civics. For anyone who drives cars like these at insane speeds and claiming it was childs play need to sit behind the wheel of a real car and get to know what its like driving a can and driving a car.

Having said that, I hope Honda Pakistan actually does introduce some of the better features that are available on foreign markets. Also the 1.5 turbo sounds fun, except I dont think it will be introduced. If honda keep up with the old R18, alot of the charisma of the 10th gen civic will fade away.
      you are talking about civis and corollas? the fastest cars i see on motorways are citys... always overspeeding... no one else maintains a speed above 140... but everytime i see a city, it is going above 160

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Press Release: Honda Debuts Dynamic New 10th Generation Civic Sedan for North America: The Most Ambitious Remake of Civic Ever

• Two new powertrains, including first Honda turbo engine in U.S.
      • Available Honda Sensing™ technologies
      • Compatible with Apple CarPlay?, the smarter, simpler way to use your iPhone in the car
      • Also supports Android Auto™
      • New styling includes significant use of LED lighting
      • New platform and package yields largest cabin in compact class

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 16, 2015 – Honda took to YouTube today to unveil an all-new, dynamically styled 10th-generation 2016 Civic Sedan, slated for sale in the U.S. this fall. With a more athletic stance and sportier driving position, the 2016 Civic Sedan is a new-from-the-ground-up design intended to recapture the sporty character of Civic while creating the world's best compact car – setting a new benchmark in the mainstream compact class for fun-to-drive performance, safety performance and fuel efficiency, together with a new level of refinement.

The Civic Sedan is the first in a series of new 10th-generation Civic models that will include a sedan, coupe, high-performance Si models, a 5-door hatchback and the first-ever Civic Type-R model for the U.S. market, comprising the most diverse and innovative lineup in Civic's 43-year history.

"This tenth-generation Civic is quite simply the most ambitious remake of Civic we've ever done," said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Co, Inc. "We are bringing more new technology and innovative thinking to Civic than ever before to establish a new benchmark for fun-to-drive performance, fuel efficiency, safety performance and refinement in the compact class."

Backing up the new Civic's dramatic and sporty design with new power and efficiency, for the first time the 2016 Civic will feature two all-new engines – including the first-ever application of Honda turbo engine technology in the U.S. These powerful and fuel-efficient new engines combine with a sophisticated new body and chassis design to deliver incredibly responsive and sporty performance with a higher level of ride refinement and class-leading fuel efficiency.

The 2016 Civic Sedan will be available with the Honda Sensing™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies, including Collision Mitigation Braking, Road Departure Mitigation and, for the first time in a Honda, Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow – bringing new value to the compact segment.

Further, the 2016 Civic lineup joins the freshened 2016 Accord in offering advanced smartphone integration with a new, 7-inch high-definition Display Audio touchscreen, offering tech-savvy customers a more advanced and intuitive connected-car experience.

Apple CarPlay? takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on your car's built-in display. You can get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music right from the touchscreen or by voice via Siri. Supported apps include Phone, Messages, Maps, Music and compatible third party apps. Apple CarPlay? is compatible with iOS 8.4 or later and iPhone 5 or later.
      Android Auto™ was designed to give drivers a simple, intuitive way through touch and voice to minimize the potential for distraction so the driver can stay focused on the road. Compatible with Android 5.0 and higher, Android Auto features Google Maps, Google Now, messaging, music and numerous popular apps.

Sporty Civic Design

The dramatic and sporty new Civic design is grounded in its more athletic stance and low and wide proportions. Compared to the current model, the 2016 Civic Sedan is nearly 2 inches wider and 1 inch lower with a 1.2-inch longer wheelbase, featuring a more compact and sporty front overhang, a longer, more aggressively sculpted hood and fastback-style tail.

The taut and tidy proportions of the new Civic Sedan are complemented and accentuated by refined design details, including sleek and swept-back bodylines, a sharp and aggressive face and bulging wheel arches. The new Civic's more premium compact sedan character is also highlighted by its available LED exterior lighting, including new Honda LED headlights (in-line type), LED daytime running lights (standard) and distinctive C-shaped LED taillights (also standard).

"The new Civic really is the embodiment of our global design team's goal of styling a dramatic form that follows and speaks to the dynamic function of this ambitious redesign," said Jarad Hall, Senior Exterior Designer and project leader of the Civic Sedan, Honda R&D Americas. "The low and wide proportions, with the wheels pushed to the outmost corners, emphasize the Civic's dynamic handling prowess and give the car a crouched and muscular look, like a tiger ready to pounce."

Two All-new Engines

The 2016 Civic Sedan will feature two all-new, more powerful and fuel-efficient engines. Civic Sedan LX and EX trims will be powered by a 2.0-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC™ 4-cylinder – the most powerful base engine ever offered on Civic – mated to either a 6-speed manual (LX trim) or continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT). Civic Sedans in EX-T, EX-L trims and Touring trims will be powered by a 1.5-liter, direct-injected and turbocharged 16-valve DOHC inline-4, mated to a unique CVT, delivering a new level of responsiveness in this capacity class of turbocharged engine.

The new 1.5-liter powerplant is the first turbocharged engine on a U.S. Honda model and the most powerful engine ever offered on a non-Si Civic in America. Both engines will offer top-in-class performance and fuel efficiency, and are targeted to receive EPA highway fuel economy ratings in excess of 40 mpg. Additional powertrain details and specifications will be announced closer to launch.

Advanced and Sporty New Body and Chassis

The 2016 Civic will set a new standard for dynamic handling, steering, ride quality and cabin quietness in the compact class, courtesy of its all new platform, featuring the most rigid and tightly sealed body and the most sophisticated chassis in Civic history.

Advancing the sporty character of this all-new Civic is its more sporty driving position, with a one-inch lower hip point compared to the current car. The lower hip point is enabled by the new Civic's lower floor and engine and its all-new suspension design. The new Civic chassis features a redesigned strut front suspension and a new multi-link rear suspension mounted to an ultra-rigid rear subframe.

Torsional rigidity of the new body is improved by 25 percent, aided in part by more intensive use of ultra-high-strength steel. Twelve percent of the unit body is made of ultra-high-strength steel, up from 1percent on the current model. Aerodynamic efficiency is improved by 12 percent to class-leading levels, in part through the use of full underbody covers—a Civic first. Despite its larger size, the new Civic unit body is 68 pounds lighter than before, while new body-sealing techniques result in a 58-percent reduction in cabin air leaks. Class-leading cabin quietness is further improved by the use of premium noise-reducing features, including a flush-mounted acoustic glass windshield, a more tightly sealed engine compartment and triple-sealed doors.

To achieve the Civic development team's high targets for dynamic performance and refined ride quality, the new Civic Sedan utilizes hydraulic compliance bushings, a technology typically reserved for more expensive vehicles, aiding the isolation of road vibration. Additional new chassis technologies include variable gear ratio steering, beefier front and rear stabilizer bars and standard 4-wheel disc brakes, along with the application of new Agile Handling Assist brake-torque vectoring technology for more precise and agile cornering.

Spacious, Sophisticated and Advanced Cabin

The new Civic interior is designed to offer the most comfortable, sophisticated and premium-feeling cabin in the compact class. An additional 3.7 cubic feet of interior space translates into the largest cabin in the compact segment with 2 inches of added rear-seat legroom versus the outgoing model. In front, new ultra-thin front roof pillars enable class-leading forward visibility; and at the rear, trunk space has been increased by 2.6 cubic feet with a lower liftover height, larger opening and wider and taller cargo area. Civic Sedan EX and above trims will feature a 60/40 split and folding rear seat.

The 2016 Civic Sedan offers customers more premium features than ever before. New standard equipment includes automatic climate control – dual-zone on EX-L and higher trims; auto-up/down front power windows; an electronic parking brake with Brake Hold; Walk-Away auto door locks and an adjustable driver's seat thigh support with 14 degrees of tilt. All Civic Sedan models also feature a larger, reconfigurable new center console with up to 7.2 liters of secure storage space, approaching SUV levels of console utility.

The new Civic interior strikes a more premium tone with high-quality materials and high-contrast finishes. These include a new one-piece, soft-touch instrumental panel with molded stitching; more premium seat fabrics; a new full-color TFT center meter (EX and above trims); a center console with piano black finish and high-contrast sliver bezel; door inserts with live stitching; an LED shift indicator and LED overhead lighting; and for EX and higher trims, a leather shift boot. Upper grades offer even more premium features, including a 8-way power adjustable driver's seat, 4-way power front passenger's seat, heated front and rear seats and heated side mirrors.

Civic Manufacturing

Civic Sedans for the North American market will be produced at the company's Greensburg, Indiana and Alliston, Ontario, Canada auto plants. The new Civic's 2.0-liter and 1.5-liter turbo engines will be manufactured in Anna, Ohio, and the vehicle's two automatic transmissions (CVTs) will be sourced from Honda plants in Russells Point, Ohio, and Celaya, Mexico.

The new Civic utilizes numerous new manufacturing processes and technologies to advance quality, efficiency and fun-to-drive performance – the result of new investment in Honda automobile and engine plants in North America. This includes the addition of the company's innovative new inner-frame weld body construction process in both Indiana and Canada, a system first utilized for production of the 2015 Honda Fit. This new general weld system creates a more lightweight, rigid and strong body structure that helps enable the Civic's class-leading fuel efficiency, outstanding safety performance and fun-to-drive experience.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      18 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

^ I drive the city at 120 km/h on motorway :p Its not the car rather the person behind the wheel. It's just that everyone has experienced a particular make to be over-speeding/rash driving more than another make.

Getting back to the topic; the new civic should at least be offered with more features compared to the current gen and since corolla offered paddle shift one can expect something unique from Atlas in order to compete with corolla.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      57 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
      It's got much better proportions that the 8th and 9th gen, with a longer hood and shorter boot.

I'm predicting that the 1.5 will deliver 8-9 km/l in urban conditions. Turbo cars require a more deliberate driving style; you have to keep boost to a minimum except when absolutely required. The same strategy is required in IMA equipped cars; keep assist and regen to a bare minimum, preferably avoiding it completely.
      actually small engine 1.5L with turbo give better mileage compare to 1.8L or 2.0 engine....like 12-15km/L......my Audi A3 1.8tfsi give around 10-12km/L within city, also i dont need to accelerate hard as there's so much torque on lower rpm... same wud be provide on new honda direct injection 1.5 turbo engine
      My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

estimated target economy of 40MPG Highway [US cycle]

@ZainMahdi

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
      actually small engine 1.5L with turbo give better mileage compare to 1.8L or 2.0 engine....like 12-15km/L......my Audi A3 1.8tfsi give around 10-12km/L within city, also i dont need to accelerate hard as there's so much torque on lower rpm... same wud be provide on new honda direct injection 1.5 turbo engine

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      50 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      estimated target economy of 40MPG Highway [US cycle]

@ZainMahdi
      EPA isn't very accurate for turbos, manual transmissions, and hybrids.

Let's take the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost as an example; it's supposed to get 21/31 on the EPA cycle. People on Fuelly are averaging 19 (sample size 51 cars, with about 157,000 combined miles)

The fuel economy potential for turbo cars is excellent, but only if the driver pays close attention to how he is driving. Namely keeping the revs way down and closely monitoring the amount of boost.
      _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
      _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

In some pics , interior seems with beige color? Whats the actual interior color

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      31 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Well the new speedometer is do unexciting

Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

The renders looked much better, the real thing is awful specially the back which is horrendous. I think this design will further screw Honda's market share in Pakistan. Lets see how it turns out.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List