I was planning to upgrate my Cultus Vxli 2008 for last three months. There was a big tie between Toyota vitz and Suzuki Swift. Both rides are awesome, but I had to pick one. So, in the end I picked Toyota Vitz. The main reason to pick it was the lack of auto transmission in Suzuki Swift.
Second tie was in between 1.3L and 1.0L versions. Though 1.0 is the best if one wants to save fuel and taxes but I required power too. So I opted for 1.3 version.
I will use this thread to keep you all updated about the ride inshAllah.
1) Pictures of Engine bay
2) Fog lights
3) Activating GPS Navigation and a sample Video during navigation.
4) Steelmate two way Alarm System
5) Console Armrest
7) New RIMs and Tires
8) New Seat Covers and Arm-rest console================================================== =====Average:With very Hard acceleration: 11.5 Km/LWith normal acceleration (different for different people): 13.0 km/LWith extremely soft pedal: 17.0 Km/L (Easily reachable with in city)
Some Very useful discussions
1) How to read auction sheet and extract information like original odometer reading etc for JDM rides
2) Which one is the best suitable tire size for Vitz? (Page 14, 15 and 16)
3A) CVT Oil Change procedure, requirements and necessity 3B) The Genuine components Toyota recommends to change at every gear oil change
4A) Some discussion on CAT removal (fears, theories, practices)4B) How to remove first CAT4C) How to remove second CAT
5) How to change the cabin filter/Air condition filter?
6) How to register an imported vehicle in Islamabad? (Summary of complete procedure)
7) Toyota Vitz JDM Packages and details.
8) Iridium vs copper plugs.
9) Why High octane for 1kr-fe engine? Is it necessary? Does it give more mileage\power? Click the link below:https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/185489-my-new-ride-vitz-2006-fresh-import-50#post4398570 <- Page 50 - Post #992
10) Driving to Naran.[video=dailymotion;x20zdbh]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20zdbh_adventerous-driving-to-kagan-valley_auto [/video]
Major car part failures1)Weired noises in the engine due to water pump bearings1B) The water pump was replace. [price]
Accidents1) Hitting a shahzore. It was my mistake Received some scratches on bumper and a little dent in body.
2) Hitting a bike. He was coming wrong way and I was over speed too. Sadly, I lost my windscreen and fog light. Front bumper, right headlight and A/C pipes were damaged.Total Bill: 42650 Rs.Click here for Details
Do say MashAllah. Here we go with the first glimpse
Nice ride. Mubarak ho.
MashAllah is must !!
Mash aa Allaha nice one
MashAllah Bro , i am also planning to buy vitz for a long long time now. it would be nice if u also mention the dealer from which u have purchased this beauty and also which service station you have chosen for First maintenance ...
JazakAllah bro, Its nice to see you planning for the vitz. I bought it through Mr. Asim sheikh at hassan accessories I-8 Markat. But the importer was some one else. The importer brought this car to his home from Karachi. I saw the car with Mr. Asim at importer's home. He was asking for 1150000 Rs. We started from 1090000 Rs. It took two days to bring him to 1110000 Rs. I gave 10000Rs to the dealer.
As I am new to toyota world, I do not know much about Toyota service stations in Islamabad. I opted for I-9 Potohar road because it was very close to my home. The service is average. Its not the best but at least they did whatever was required.
Congrats on your new ride, coming from the one of the most economical car on CNG (cultus) to this would be a bit hard if you plan to keep on petrol. Have you calculated your km/l yet?
MashaAllah sir, Mubarak ho, by the way any comparison between the two so far since you had the "upgraded version" of Cultus too ???
You are right. I am calculating. I was not able to fill the tank completely. There was only one liter petrol approximately in it when I drove it home for the first time. I refilled it with 2000 Rs petrol which was almost 22.25 liters apprx. So lets say it had 24 Liter petrol in it. The odometer was at 32593 Kms. Now the calculation is on. I have driven it 80 Kms now. Will update in this thread with the odometer reading when the tank will become empty.
JazakAllah brother LoL ...
A big change sir. There are four changes which I have noticed within first drive.
1) Very low noise. so sakoon hi sakoon inside cabin2) Very soft electronic power steering. A lot softer then the one in Cultus which was Hydraulic power steering.3) Excellent brakes. The ABS vs Cultus brakes big difference.4) Automatic transmission!! Full time ayashi
Thanks to Allah for extending my rizq.
Time to check the interior ...
first of all congrats buddy nd it's good car mini cap looking great.
salam bilal am owner of 2006 model vitz neat car......(Used Toyota Vitz 2006 for sale in Islamabad - Ad ID: 319127 | PakWheels) check this link out and if you are interested contact me via email and i`ll give you my number........
MASHALLAH!! Congratulations on the purchase..
There are two types of 1.3 liter Vitz in this model, one with CVT gear box and other with standard AT (with 4 gears). Which one is yours?
If this is not the CVT and if it gets heavy on your pocket with petrol you can install CNG in it with only couple of cons.
JazakAllah for the information brother. This ride has 2SZ-FE engine in it. I dont know about the transmission. I think it is simple 4AT. Some one on pakwheels was telling that the CVT one comes with 2NZ-FE. If this is true then this one cannot be CVT as it has 2SZ-FE engine.
Can you tell me how can I find out its transmission ?
As far as CNG is concerned I will never go for CNG inshAllah.