A person who owns a vehicle, surely knows the safety measures that need to be followed, not only during the drive but also before and after it. But, still even after knowing we all sometimes forget to follow these simple rules which would otherwise cause us any inconvenience. So, here in this article, we have tried to simply those tips and rules for you. If you already know them, you’ll surely focus more on it, and if you are an amateur, I am sure this will be of much help to you. So following are some key points, which you should consider:
- Do a simple safety check on your vehicle before driving. In case of a car, make sure that tires are properly inflated, make sure the car is in better working condition, i.e. there should be no fluid leakage. Front and back lights are in proper condition.
- When you get in the car, adjust the mirrors before ignition. This shall not only help in reducing the blind spots but shall also be helpful while driving
- Personal safety comes first, therefore “Always” wear a seatbelt.
- Headlights increase visibility, and a car is visible about four times the distance even during daytime hours.
- While stopping at a stop sign, make yourself be able to stop the vehicle properly by first looking at the left, then right, straight ahead and then left again before proceeding.
- Keep your eyes on the road but be sure to check the sides of the road through side mirrors
- If you are driving in a two-lane road stay at the centre for if the right side offers to park so your vehicle should allow room for a parked vehicle to open their door without inconvenience. While if there is no parking allowed than move your car towards the right so that you don’t hinder the oncoming traffic.
- Always expect that other drivers can make mistakes anytime and prepare yourself mentally that if anyone does break traffic rules than you shouldn’t be the one causing accident or inconvenience to other drivers other passerby or pedestrian. Let’s say if a vehicle isn’t stopping even if there is a stop sign then allow yourself to be calm and respond to it without causing any problem.
- Check the engine compartments every time whenever you refuel to see if there is any oil/fluid leakage or not.
- Don’t leave your car alone when it stalls on the road; wait for proper authorities to be there for your aid first.
- Drive at a distance if you are driving behind a vehicle, this precautionary measure increases when travelling at night or in unfavourable weather conditions. This is necessary, for if the vehicle in front of you suddenly hit brakes than your vehicle shouldn’t crash into it or cause an accident.
- Avoid using cell phones while driving. Approximately there are 400% increase chances of collision due to diverted attention while using the phone. Pull the car at a side to use the phone, if there’s an emergency.
- Take a lesson from pilots. When leaving home for a long trip, make sure to have proper knowledge of the route also inform and keep in contact with anyone at home with the route of travel to avoid any unannounced problem.
- Stop and put your hazard light on when approaching an emergency vehicle like an ambulance so that you make way for it and also the vehicles approaching you.
- Carry a first aid kit or any medical needs and emergency contact numbers, personal contact as a precautionary measure in case they are required when in need due to an emergency while driving. Keep these things in an easy to find a place.
- Instead of driving fast and ending up in an accident due to the thought of being late, always leave a bit early so that you reach your destination on time.
- When you are driving in a multiple lane road if there is no active vehicle then drive at the right side and keep in mind that left side is for passing only.
- Avoid driving in “No-zone area” with the busses and trucks since the drivers of these vehicles can’t see you from many areas. Remember if you cannot see the driver in the truck’s rearview mirrors, they also cannot see you!
- Trucks make large right turns to be more careful while driving close to them.
- When driving in rain, snow or any unfavourable weather, the driving is more of a challenge. Reduce speed while driving in these conditions so that you don’t lose control of your vehicle.
- Brakes should not be hit suddenly in unfavourable weather instead first reduce the speed for the sudden brake will again make you lose control of your vehicle. Also, don’t forget that the stopping distance increases with the increase in speed and the weight of the vehicle. Therefore, while hitting brakes suddenly do consider these points.
From PakWheels Store: Alloy Rims for Sale
That’s it from our side, drop your thoughts in the comments section below.