The Punjab Excise and Taxation Department has issued a warning for the vehicle owners who have not paid their annual token taxes. As per the official notice, all vehicle owners have a 20-day deadline for paying their vehicle token tax.
If vehicle owners don’t comply with the order, the Excise Department will:
- Seize the vehicle
- Issue an arrest warrant of the owner
- Charge heavy fine
- Issue challan and cancel the vehicle registration
To save yourself from these troubles, pay your token tax via e-Pay till the 30th of June.
How to Pay Vehicle Token Tax in Punjab
The Punjab E&T Department has made it easy for the citizens to pay all kinds of taxes. Citizens can pay their token taxes online without having to visit the office. Here’s how you do it.
- Install the e-Pay Punjab app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Create an account to get started
- Select Token Tax under the Excise and Taxation Department tab
- Enter vehicle registration number (e.g. LEA-123 or LEA-20-123)
- Confirm the details and generate a challan
- Note down the PISD number and pay your vehicle token tax using Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, ATM services, or OTC (Over the Counter) banking transaction
Once done, don’t forget to take the token tax sticker and paste it on your car’s windshield.
Use the Motor Vehicle Tax Calculator to find how much token tax you owe for your vehicle. For more information, call 0800-08786, send an SMS to 8785.
The Punjab Excise and Taxation Department is taking serious measures to ensure that everyone follows the rules and takes responsibility for their vehicles. The department has issued two official notices in this regard, one for the vehicle transfer and the other for the payment of vehicle token tax. The deadline for both these action items is the 30th of June.