When someone goes for buying a fully functional sedan in Pakistan, they usually tend to choose from either Toyota or Honda. The sedan sector is predominantly dominated by the latest Corolla and the Civic lineup in Pakistan, and any new entrant will have to deliver something extraordinary in order to beat these two.
Corolla vs. Civic debate is the hot favorite comparison in Pakistan’s auto arena.
Corolla Altis Grande Facelift
Inside, the all-new Corolla Altis Grande combines smart technology and ergonomics with a classic dashboard design, creating an environment that exudes a class above prestige. It has Leather-Stitched Electric Power Steering (EPS) with Audio and Mid Switches. The high precision detailed and sporty Multi-Information Display has become more interactive with the addition of a color screen. The all-new Corolla Altis Grande’s Infotainment system with an integrated design ensures that you stay connected with the world on the go. It now features a new 9″ capacitive touch screen that keeps information and entertainment at your fingertips with enhanced sound clarity and quality for a completely immersive audiovisual experience. It also has Rear Camera, Front Camera, Auto AC, Rear Armrest, Front Console Box, Front cup holders, Soft touching pad, Power windows, Sunglasses holder, Luggage tray, Sunroof, Rear reading light, Power socket and Wireless Jack key.
With a dynamic, prestige-boasting exterior, an iconic interior, advanced features, and technology, the new Corolla Altis Grande delivers a superior driving experience along with Toyota’s enduring promise of trusted quality and reliability. It has Chrome Plated Front Grill, 16″ Alloy Rims, body colored mud flaps, chrome fog lamps, halogen headlamps, an auto fold mirror, premium door handles, rear chrome grills and rear LED.
- The all-new Corolla Altis Grande’s 1.8L Dual VVT-i engine comes with linear start assist (except 1.3L variants).
- Cruise Control lets you stretch your legs on long distance journeys.
- Offers manually controlled auto transmission at your fingertips for a fun filled and sporty feel.
- The all-new Corolla Altis Grande CVT-i with 7-speed sport sequential shiftmatic mode adapts to your driving style provides a thrilling experience along with smoother acceleration, convenience, superior efficiency and a more responsive drive.
- The already brilliant CVT now comes with a sports mode for an enthusiastic drive.
- During impact, the pre-tensioners along with the seat belts enhance restraint performance holding in place the passenger with just the right amount of pressure.
- The Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) prevents skidding when braking in wet and slippery conditions, Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) ensures brake-force is distributed optimally between all wheels for effective braking. BA reduces stopping distance and generates higher braking force.
- The Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) allows the seat belts to freely extend and retract with occupant movement, yet locks the belt during a sudden stop or upon impact.
- WIL (Whiplash Injury Lessening) concept seats prevent sudden jerks to the neck in the event of a rear end collision to reduce whiplash injury.
- To ensure maximum safety on every journey, the all new Toyota Corolla variants are equipped with front Dual (Driver + Passenger) SRS airbags that are designed to deploy in the unlikely event of an accident.
- The Corolla Altis Grande’s immobilizer is an anti-theft system that prevents the use of an unauthorized key with the vehicle. Every time the key is inserted into the ignition switch it transmits a unique electronic signal to the vehicle, enabling the engine to start. Use of any other key prevents the engine from starting, protecting against unauthorized use of the vehicle.
- The 1.8L variant now comes with a VSC (vehicle stability control).
The new Corolla will be available in the total of 9 colors. However, some colors are specific to certain variants.
PKR 21.5 – 25.5 lacs
The 10th Generation Honda Civic introduces a new design language as well as a range of cleaner, more powerful and more efficient engines. 2017 Honda Civic is a front engine, front wheel drive, subcompact sedan also known as Civic X. The Honda Civic 2017 is available in 3 variants in Pakistan 1.5 Litre VTEC Turbo, 1.8 Litre i-VTEC and 1.8-Liter i-VTEC Oriel while globally it is sold in 4 variants LX, EX, EX-T, and EX-L.
The Honda Civic 2017 interior comprises of black and polished silver plastic trim pieces. The front and rear seat trims are available in a combination of black, gray and ivory fabric. Standard features include, automatic climate control, 12-Volt power outlet, 4-speaker 160 watt audio system, 5.0-inch multi-information display, traction control, electronic stability control, power door mirrors, push button start and keyless entry. Options include leather seats, cruise control, and navigation.
The latest model Honda Civic 2017 exterior specifications include a brand new and more aggressive design language. The front end houses sleek HIDs with integrated LED daytime running lights, a trapezium grille integrated into the design of the headlights with chrome accents and triple air intakes. The sloping rear end houses aggressively designed angular C-shaped side swept taillights. The up spec model comes with a front black grill, 16-inch alloy wheels, sunroof, retractable door mirrors and fog lights. Options include Modulo kit, door edge guards, and door visors.
The 10th Generation Honda Civic is offered with a selection of 2 Engines:
- 1.5 Litre DOHC 16 Valve Earth Dream Technology Engine
- 1.8 Litre SOHC 16 Valve Engine
The Honda Civic 2017 is offered in a choice of 7 colors:
Urban Titanium, Brilliant Blue Metallic, Crystal Black, Lunar Silver Metallic, Rally Red, Taffeta White and Modern Steel Metallic.
Honda Civic 2017 Specs are as follow:
1.5 Litre DOHC 16 Valve Earth Dream Technology Engine 170 bhp_@_5500 RPM, 220 Nm of torque_@_1700 RPM
1.8 Litre SOHC 16 Valve Engine 138 bhp_@_6500RPM, 169 Nm of torque_@_4300 RPM
PKR 23.5 – 30.0 lacs
Thoroughly comparing the features of both the cars, there is no doubt that both of them are high-end vehicles equipped with modern technologies. However when it comes to choosing one of the two, Corolla Altis Grande should be your priority. Its distinct exterior and interior styling combined with the dynamic engine at a reasonable price is what makes this car win over the Honda Civic.