Follow these steps to properly clean your car’s tyres
Taking care of your vehicle does not only mean keeping a proper check or maintenance of your vehicle but rather cleaning has its role in it too especially regarding tires. One of the easiest ways to improve the performance and appearance of a tire is by cleaning them. Tires will not only look good by cleaning but it’ll also last for a longer period of time this will help you in saving money in the longer run. Hence cleaning tires means that you are helping yourself directly or indirectly. So, here is the gist of 5 easy steps which will help you in the cleaning of the tire.
- Firstly, use different buckets of detergent rather than single while washing cars. This means that different buckets be used for washing of different parts of a car. Since you wouldn’t like the dirt or grease to get accumulated on the paint of car from the wheels, therefore, you need to use a piece of cloth and a different brush for scrubbing for this purpose.
- Use a proper cleaning product once you wash tires with water and detergent. Specially manufactured cleaning products are available in the market for this purpose especially to remove the obtrusive elements from wheels and tires. All you need to do is to follow the instructions written on the cleaning product for how to use the product. These cleaning products are in various forms, it can be either in cream form or in spray form. You simply have to apply the cleaning agent on tires, take a break and let the cleaning agent used, do its work.
- After the second step, scrub your tires properly. Use a proper brush to clean the treads and grooves of the tire. Make sure that you scrub and water down each time at a time. Avoid scrubbing all tires at one time, instead scrub one tire, wash it with water and move onto other. Make sure you also get into the crevices of the wheel where the brake pads are. This area is sensitive to corrosion because most of the dust gets accumulated in it. Therefore, if necessary, rinse and repeat.
- In order to wax the wheels, firstly clean and properly dry the wheels with a clean piece of cloth. Wax won’t be able to stick on the wet wheels; therefore, first dry the wheels, then apply detailing solution or the wax on the wheels. Simply, follow the step by step instructions on how to wax your wheels.
- Once the wax is applied on the wheels now move on to the tyres. Waxing the tyres will make them look good and clean. This also helps in protecting the rubber of the tyre by removing the harmful and corrosive elements from tyres. This waxing step is important for it acts as a sunblock for the tyres. It helps in blocking the UV light, which is a major factor in ruining tires leading to hardening of tires and premature aging.
Hence, these aforementioned five important steps for cleaning of tires not only prolong the life of your tires but also save your money.