Due to the coronavirus, the company has decided to do a soft launching of the car on 24th March 2020, and the cars would be on display nationwide on the same date.
Due to the spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic, pubic gatherings are banned by the government.
Considering this and information from our source, the launching ceremony of the new Toyota Yaris might not take place as scheduled on the 27th of March 2020. The launch ceremony might get delayed or even canceled by Toyota Pakistan. However, there is a bright chance that a soft launch of the car will be held by the company, he added.
Moreover, he also asserted that the chances are high that the new sedan from Toyota will debut on the 27th March and will be available at the showrooms nationwide. There is no official statement from the company so far in this regard; we will update the blog once the company says anything about the matter.
As per our source, the Yaris will be displayed in the showrooms and will be available for the potential buyers to look at it. The source further said that Toyota is focusing more on social media for the launch of the Yaris in Pakistan as more and more people are using it. This also helps Toyota to cut advertisement costs, and it is a more effective way to transmit its message to the public. People may get a chance to test-drive the new Yaris from the showrooms.
Toyota Yaris is going to replace Corolla XLi and GLi 1.3L variants. Yaris will be available in six variants; hence, you will have plenty of choices to choose from. You will be able to purchase Yaris in either 1300cc or 1500cc engine displacements. Following are the expected prices of these six variants:
- GLI MT 1.3 from 23.99 to 24.49 lacs
- GLI CVT 1.3 from 25.48 to 25.99 lacs
- ATIV MT 1.3 from 24.99 to 25.49 lacs
- ATIV CVT 1.3 from 26.49 to 26.99 lacs
- ATIV X MT 1.5 from 26.99 to 27.49 lacs
- ATIV X CVT 1.5 from 28.59 to 29.09 lacs
We have also compiled a list of some of the probable specifications and features of the new Toyota Yaris:
- Manual and automatic climate control depending on the variant you will purchase
- 15-inch alloy wheels or 14-inch steel wheels
- Drum brakes for the rear and disc brakes for the front
- Macpherson Strut suspension at the front and Torsion Beam at the rear
- Front SRS (Supplementary Restraint System) airbags
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) can be a feature on the high-end models
- Steering wheel controls for audio etc. are expected on the ATIV models
- ATIV models may get a push-button start and cruise control
- Infotainment systems of two types: a smaller one with Bluetooth connectivity and a larger one on the ATIV models
- Halogen headlights will feature all Yaris models
- Lower probability of projector headlamps even on ATIV models
Stay tuned for more news on the 2020 Toyota Yaris and drop your thoughts in the comments section below.