Pak-Suzuki has managed to worm its way to Pakistani audience with different media campaigns – launch events regarding Suzuki Vitara; leaked rumors and hints about Suzuki Ciaz. The company has in fact managed to shift the attention away from Celerio, which according to many industry experts, could possibly become the next big thing for Pak-Suzuki. According to rumors, following are a few things that you need to know in order to get a perspective of the picture.
- This car will probably be placed above Suzuki WagonR and below Suzuki Swift, which will enable Pak-Suzuki to offer 5 products with a controlled margin to cater different requirements of consumers.
- Celerio is expected to feature Suzuki’s fuel efficient K-Series engine.
- Celerio is expected to equip AMT transmission. The AMT technology, coming originally from the renowned Formula One cars transmission tech, allows drivers to change manual gears without depressing or releasing the clutch pedal manually. This technology has been named as EZ drive by Maruti Suzuki. It ensures comfort of use and promises a significant reduction in fuel consumption, as compared to the conventional Automatic transmission. The concept of this technology is simple. A manual transmission controlled by a system of electrical devices, which choose the gear themselves or let the driver choose the gear manually and engage, disengage in their own way. It ensures the ease of drive of an automatic and delivers superb fuel economy of a manual. It is very much sure that the AMT offered in the Celerio is not going to be super car stuff but it is going to be the very first car in its class with AMT technology in the local market.
- Predictions are being made that this car is going to be priced at PKR 1.2-1.37 million.
- Last but not the least is the launch date. I’ll admit that past predictions of this car’s launch in 2016 have been proven wrong, but considering the progress of CPEC and economic conditions and interest of foreign automakers to invest in the country has resulted in the shakedown of the local auto-industry. We have already seen the launch of Toyota Revo, Fortuner and Suzuki Vitara. Suffice to say, this shakedown points to some authenticity of all these rumors circling around. Auto Industry gurus predict that this car will be launched somewhere in the mid of current fiscal year.