Coronavirus outbreak: Follow these safety measures while commuting!
Corona Virus is spreading at a rapid pace across the world, and Pakistan has just recently confirmed two cases of the lethal virus in Karachi and Islamabad. A 22-year old student named Syed Yahya Jaffri was found having developed the symptoms of COVID-19 who returned from Iran last week. The young victim is being shifted to AKUH, and his family members are also being analyzed through samples for any traces of the infection. The other patient just above the age of 50 being reported positive, is located in the federal capital of Pakistan and is currently undergoing treatment at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), Islamabad. Corona Virus started spreading from Wuhan, China, and so far, it has affected more than 80,000 people in different parts of the world. The virus has also resulted in the death of more than 3000 people so far. Other countries, including Iran, Afghanistan, Italy, Brazil, South Korea, Norway, and some parts of the Middle East, have also reported the positive cases of Corona Virus.
In such a situation, it has become essential to adopt precautionary measures, especially while traveling. It’s not only important to save you only but to contribute in controlling the rapid spread of the virus in Pakistan. In case you’re commuting on a motorbike or a car, it’s important to follow these preventive measures to stay safe from the lethal virus outbreak.
- Avoid unnecessary travel to markets, malls, etc.
- Wear a mask while traveling
- Ensure the use of a protective face mask while going out.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Wash hands and face properly at regular intervals
- Maintain social distance
- Keep a hand sanitizer with you while you travel. Use it once your hands come in contact with the currency notes.
- Avoid contact with anything at public places which might be contaminated
- Avoid traveling on public transport
- Use helmets while commuting on motorbikes
- Avoid eating improperly cooked meat from the hotels
- Avoid touching your eye, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
Face masks have suddenly vanished from the local markets due to its high-rising demand in the country. In some areas where it’s available at the pharmacies is being sold at exorbitant rates. It’s important here for the government to play its role in ensuring the availability of such protective equipment in the market at a reasonable rate to help save people from getting affected by the Coronavirus. The outbreak of the lethal virus is immense, and as a responsible citizen, we need to follow the precautionary instructions to keep the fellow citizens safe as well.
That’s it from our side for now. Stay tuned to PakWheels for any more precautionary tips while commuting. Drop your thoughts in the comments section below.