City Traffic Police (CTP) Lahore has issued the traffic advisory plan for the T20 series between Pakistan and Bangladesh at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore.
The advisory plan is formulated by the traffic police to cause minimal disruption to the daily routine traffic. CTP has issued various instructions to those coming to watch the match at the stadium along with complete details of road closures and diversions during the match.
Roads open for the general public:
- The mainstream roads, including Canal Road, Jail Road, and M.M. Alam Road, will remain open for the traffic during match hours.
- Kalma Chowk Underpass, the road leading to Firdous Market from Centre Point, will also be open for all types of traffic.
- Barkat Market to Kalma Underpass, Centre Point, Firdous Market, and Defence Cantt will be open for traffic too.
Roads closed for traffic:
During the match, several roads in the surroundings will be closed during the match hours for security reasons.
- Ghalib Road to Centre Point Main Boulevard Gulberg to remain closed for routine traffic.
- The intersection from Muslim Town Morr to Kalma Chowk will also be closed.
- The area from Hali Road and Liberty Round About to Hussain Chowk will be completely closed during match hours.
- Moreover, Club Road to Governor House Chowk will also be closed.
Note here that several other roads will also be partially closed during the movement of both teams. In the meantime, the respective diversions will be given to the traffic.
Alternative route plan for traffic:
- The traffic going from Mazang Ferozepur Road to Kasur or Cantt will be diverted to Wahdat Road from Muslim Town Morr. From here on, the traffic will be moved towards Barkat Market, Centre point, Firdous Market, Defence Morr, and then on to the Walton Road.
- The traffic moving from Kasur towards Chouburji will be directed to Walton Road via Peco Road using Lahore Bridge.
Parking spots for matches:
The City Traffic Police (CTP) of Lahore has also declared 4 parking spots around the stadium including:
- Liberty Market Parking
- Punjab University Hostels Ground Parking
- LDA Plaza Parking (behind Sun fort Hotel)
- FC College Parking
Route Plan to reach parking spots:
Moreover, the traffic police have also issued a traffic movement plan for the spectators of the match between Pakistan and Bangladesh. By following this plan, the general public can easily commute to their designated parking spots.
- For those coming from Walton Road and Defence Road, use the route from Cavalry Ground, Firdous Market, and turn left from Hussain Chowk to reach Liberty Market Parking.
- The public coming from Kahna, Kot Lakhpat, and Ferozepur Road are directed to use the route from Qainchi, Walton Road, Cavalry Ground, Jinnah Fly over to reach Firdous Market, Hussain Chowk and finally Liberty Market Parking.
- Punjab University Hostels Ground Parking will be used by the spectators coming from Motorway Thokar Niaz Beg, Wapda Town, Garden Town, Johar Town, and Township via Barkat Market and Campus Bridge.
- The spectators coming from the areas of Cantt and Gulberg will park their vehicles in LDA Plaza Parking located behind Sun fort Hotel.
- FC College Parking will be used by those coming from Zahoor Elahi Road, Main Market Gulberg, and Hali Road.
- The spectators coming from Mughalpura, Mall Road, Jail Road, and adjoining areas will also use the FC College Parking.
Instructions for the general public:
Apart from the advisory traffic plan, CTP Lahore has also issued several important instructions for the general public. To avoid any inconvenience, they are requested to follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- To watch the match, it is mandatory for each individual in the car to have their respective CNIC’s and match tickets.
- Seek guidance from the traffic wardens related to parking spots and entry in the stadium.
- The public is requested to avoid any unnecessary traveling towards Gaddafi Stadium.
- Use the Metro Bus service to avoid traffic congestion.
- For the facilitation of the general public, a free of cost shuttle service is available from designated parking spots to the stadium.
- Use RASTA App to stay updated with the changing traffic situation in the surroundings.
- The entry of Qingqi rickshaws, CNG/LNG/LPG auto-rickshaws, is strictly prohibited in the parking areas.
Instructions for entering the stadium:
The spectators having tickets of the following enclosures are requested to use the Gaddafi gate via Liberty Parking for entry in the stadium.
- Saeed Anwar Enclosure
- Sarfraz Nawaz Enclosure
- Saeed Ahmad Enclosure
- Javed Miandad Enclosure
- Imran Khan Enclosure
The spectators of the below-mentioned enclosures are advised to enter Qaddafi Stadium via Ferozepur Road gate using FC College Parking and Punjab University Hostels Ground Parking.
- Ramiz Raja Enclosure
- Abdul Qadir Enclosure
- Majid Khan Enclosure
- AH Kardar Enclosure
- Fazal Mehmood Enclosure
All the above measures are taken by CTP Lahore due to security reasons. The general public can also contact the traffic police helpline 15 for any query. Moreover, use FM 88.6 apart from the RASTA App for any traffic updates. Being a responsible citizen, follow the instructions of the concerned authorities to avoid any inconvenience. We wish all the best to the Pakistan Cricket Team on the 3-match T20I series against Bangladesh and hope that all the matches are played in the true spirit of the game.
That’s it from our side. Stay connected with PakWheels for more updates. Drop your valuable thoughts in the comments section below.