To the Land Rover enthusiast, this is an abomination when they catch the first glimpse of this 1962 Land Rover series 2 however, there’s more to it than meets the eye.
This custom built vehicle is not a Land Rover actually, in fact, it isn’t anything as this is a custom chassy, with a VW Beetle engine and transmission and the worst part probably is that it is rocking a Land Rover Series 2 body.
The custom chassis was especially built to allow the makers to slam it to the ground and make it look like a rat-rod as it is the newest scene in car customization arena.
So this may not be the a sacrilege after all in the eyes of the Land Rover enthusiasts now that we know everything about this turkey-curry.
Here’s what the seller had to say about the vehicle:
- Custom 2*4 1/8 wall tube chassis with bolt in Type 3 rear torsion housing.
- Hydraulic clutch and brake using stock rover pedal assembly.
- RHD rack and pinion steering with stock Rover steering wheel and fabbed column.
- KYB shocks.
- 4″ narrowed/adjustable ball joint Beetle front axle with 2.5 inch dropped spindles.
- Swing axle “pro street” Rancho trans with close ratio 1st and 2nd. Heavy duty axles.
- Porsche pattern 4 wheel disc brakes.
- 1600cc with stock carb.
- Spun aluminum fuel cell.
- Porsche 911 Steel wheels powdered gloss black. Current Rear tires are 29″ Military spec knobbies. Fronts are 27″ Vintage Firstone street tires.
- Vented engine compartment with hinged bed lid.
- Very reliable and plenty fast.
- All new wiring with Generator and oil light.
- Gauges are “props”
- Custom bench seat and door panels wrapped in NOS vintage “snakeskin” look heavy duty vinyl.
- Current reg. and California title.
- Comes with roof and door glass.