We try to bring useful tips for our readers as frequently as possible, to give them necessary information on how to deal better with their cars especially their most used parts such as engine and tires. In the previous article, we discussed alloy and steel wheel which is better. And now in this article, I will tell you few simple tips in case the tire of your car blows out.
Also Read: Why is Wheel Alignment Important?
Tire manufacturing companies nowadays make good tires, so there is less chance that a tire might blowout; however, one should always be ready for the unexpected. The tire blowout at high speed is a huge concern as it can lead to an out of control vehicle resulting in an accident where significant injuries even death might happen. So always remember what I am about to write because it might help you avoid such dangerous scenarios.
- When a tire gives up, it creates a loud explosion/sound and many panic in that situation. So first-off don’t panic when you hear a blowout, and start reducing the speed of the car.
- The car loses its traction after a blowout making it hard to steer, so don’t steer the car too fast and rashly/abruptly.
- The most important point is that never apply the brake aggressively as it will throw the car out of control, putting the lives of passengers in more danger.
- Never take your foot off the accelerator snappishly, always do it slowly so that you can stop the car without getting into trouble.
- After a tire blowout the car will slide to one direction, but always keep a firm grip on the steering wheel and keep the vehicle pointing straight. Additionally, never stop the car in the middle of the road, as the speed of the vehicle decreases slowly find a safe spot and park it there.
- Lastly, remember to activate the emergency flasher/hazards to let others know that you are parked at the side of the road, to avoid any tragedy.
These were few simple tips to avoid mishap in case you face a tire blowout. Until next time, keep motoring!