The word engine was derived from the old French word “engin”. There are constant innovations being made in car engines. Most cars use four-stroke combustion cycle. The four-stroke combustion cycle is also referred to as the Otto cycle. This mechanism was invented by Nikolaus Otto in 1867. Karl Benz was the inventor of the first commercially successful automobile, the engine of this automobile operated on four-stroke Otto cycle. Today’s cars are being built with emerging technologies such as Hybrids, and electric engines. Car manufacturers are constantly working on ways to make engines that are both, efficient and powerful. Here is an interesting video on the different engine configurations we have in cars today.
- Toyota Car Prices Increase AGAIN
- Petrol Price Hike Of Rs. 83.5 – Proposes OGRA
- Peugeot Pakistan Suspends Car Bookings
- Rupee’s Free-fall, Car Prices & Bookings – A New Episode
- Pakistan’s First Pink Bus Service To Be Launched In Karachi
- Dollar From Rs. 230 to Rs. 255 – Fresh Car Price Hikes Coming?
- Despite “Price Lock”, Kia Closes Bookings of All Cars
- Suzuki Bike Prices Hiked By Rs. 25,000
- Cars Owned By ICC Cricketer Of The Year – Babar Azam
- Despite Sales Slump, Atlas Honda Earns Rs. 1.408 Billion Profit
Samiullah Sharief is a car enthusiat. He is passionate about writing blogs and reviews about cars. His hobbies are driving,watching TV Shows like Top Gear, Mega Factories and he follows Popular car magazines. You can reach out to him by tweeting @sami649
Reproduction of material from any PakWheels.com pages without permission is strictly prohibited.