World’s Greatest Drag Race 3!
For the third year in a row, the guys over at Motor Trend magazine pick their best driver’s car for each new year and have an INSANE drag race in the end to top off the competition.
The contenders for this year with their claimed figures:
1. 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish, 565HP/457 Ib-ft
2. 2014 Audi R8 V10 Plus, 550HP/398 Ib-ft torque
3. 2013 BMW M6, 560HP/500 Ib-ft torque
4. 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Pack, 545HP/463 Ib-ft torque
5. 2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S, 488HP/461 Ib-ft torque
6. 2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S Wagon, 577HP/590 Ib-ft torque
7. 2013 Porsche Carrera 4S, 400HP/325 Ib-ft torque
8. 2013 Porsche Cayman S, 325HP/272 Ib-ft torque
9. 2013 Ford Focus ST, 252HP/270 Ib-ft torque
10. 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed Le Mans Edition, 616HP/590 Ib-ft torque
11. 2013 SRT Viper, 640HP/600 Ib-ft torque
12. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series, 622HP/468 Ib-ft torque
Here are the results in the respective order:
1. Nissan GT-R Track Pack
2. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series
3. Audi R8 V10 Plus
4. SRT Viper
5. Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S Wagon
6. BMW M6
7. Jaguar F-Type V8 S
8. Bentely Continental GT Speed Le Mans Edition
9. Porsche Carrera 4S
10. Aston Martin Vanquish
11. Porsche Cayman S
12. Ford Focus GT
It was the Nissan GT-R’s third time participating in the World’s Greatest Drag Race, it won the first time but was beaten by Lamborghini’s Aventador in last years drag race.
But now, the GT-R has taken it’s throne once again by winning for the second time. The mind-blogging traction of the AWD system and the insanely responsive mid-range torque make it shoot off the starting line without a sweat and low RPM-gearing helps it get the right power-band into place immediately.
Considering what Godzilla was facing this year, and by looking at it’s rivals figures, I’d say it has certainly outdone itself.