A breaking period of any car is important. It is mentioned in the owner’s manual of the car. The time it takes for new parts of the car to adjust inside a car is called the breaking period. It differs depending on the model, manufacturing, and variant of the car. There are a few things to avoid during the breaking period of a car.
- Avoid giving much throttle to the car. When the piston rings go below pressure, the rings spread around like a spring and they require some time to adjust in place. If high pressure or throttle is applied to the system due to combustion, problems in the car may arise.
- Allow a new car to go into the operating temperature in order for the car parts to reach operating temperature as well to function and the oil to spread everywhere for lubrication.
- Heavy things shouldn’t be towed by the car because it applies a heavy load on the engine. Moreover, high acceleration is needed to carry heavy things that are harmful to the new car.
- A new car should not be driven on one specific speed. This is why the cruise control shouldn’t be used either because it provides just one speed. If the car is driven on different varieties of speeds, the parts of the car get properly adjusted and maintained.
- Hard breaking should be refrained. Due to the molding process, a film is developed on the tire’s surface. The hard breaking loosens up the road grip of the car and extends the braking distance.
See the tip video below:
All the details explained in the video are given in the manuals of the car.