From 2nd August 2018, the National Highway Authority (NHA) has increased the toll tax rates by up to 10% across the country; citing inflation as the cause of increase and also the requirement for more funds to properly maintain the national assets of the country. Our roads are only 4.6% of the country’s entire road network, but carry more than 80% of the traffic.
The decision to revise the rates of toll taxes was made at NHA meeting, which was chaired by Chairman Jawad Rafique. The new taxes will generate additional PKR 5 billion revenue for the authority which will be used to maintain the national highways and motorways. It is to be noted here that NHA generated PKR 25 billion revenue in the form of toll collections in the time period between 2017-18.
New toll tax for cars on different routes is as follow:
- Khanewal-Multan: The toll tax has been increased to PKR 90 from PKR 80. There is a PKR 10 increase in the toll tax.
- Pindi Bhattian-Faisalabad-Gojra: Increased to PKR 200 from PKR 180.
- Islamabad-Peshawar: Soared to PKR 240 from PKR 210.
It is worth mentioning here that after the commencement of electronic toll collection, the car, wagon, minibus owners paying through cash will be charged an extra surcharge of PKR 20.
Tax rates for a 12-seater wagon and wagon having the seating capacity of 13-24 people are mentioned below:
Wagon up to 12 seaters
- Khanewal-Multan: From PKR 130 to PKR 150
- Pindi Bhattian-Faisalabad-Gojra: Increased to PKR 290 from PKR 260.
- Islamabad-Peshawar: Surged to PKR 400 from PKR 350.
Wagon 13-24 seats coaster/minibus
- Khanewal-Multan: The toll rate has been jacked up to PKR 200 to PKR 180
- Pindi Bhattian-Faisalabad-Gojra: Increased to PKR 430 from PKR 380.
- Islamabad-Peshawar: The previous rate was PKR 490, which has been increased to PKR 550.
See the toll rates for trucks below:
- Khanewal-Multan: The authority has increased the toll tax rates for trucks on the said route from PKR 410 to PKR 460.
- Pindi Bhattian-Faisalabad-Gojra: Has been increased to PKR 970 from PKR 860.
- Islamabad-Peshawar: The previous rate on this route was PKR 1,120, which has now been increased to PKR 1,270.
Additional surcharge of PKR 50 will be charged to trucks and buses with effect from the date of commencement of electronic toll collection on the routes.
That’s it from our side, drop what you have to say in the comments section below.