NLC signs MoU with Daimler AG for an assembly plant


National Logistics Cell (NLC) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Daimler AG to assemble Mercedes-Benz trucks in Pakistan. It is to be noted here that Ghandhara Nissan has also signed importer agreement with Renault Trucks SAS to import heavy-duty trucks to Pakistan. As the progress on China-Pakistan Economic Corridor is going at a good pace more and more companies are willing to import or assemble trucks in Pakistan.

As per the details, NLC has stated that this will change and revolutionize the logistics industry of Pakistan. Major General Faisal said that local assembly of trucks will modernize the local logistics cell of the country; moreover, the trucks will be available at good and competitive prices due to incentives provided under the auto policy 2016-21.

sign-mercedes-nlc

The MoU was signed by director general NLC Major General Faisal, CEO NLC Zia Ahmed and Klaus Fischinger, head of the executive committee Mercedes‐Benz Special Trucks, along with Dr. Ralf Forcher, head of sales Mercedes‐Benz Special Truck.

Read Also: Ghandhara signs agreement with Renault to introduce trucks in Pakistan

Aside from Daimler AG to set up an assembly plant in Pakistan, Volkswagen has also hinted to invest millions in the country, which is also a great news for the local automobile industry. Furthermore, Renault is also setting up its assembly plant in Faisalabad.

Moving onward, at CCP’s open hearing the official of Engineering Development Board revealed that Ford might also come to Pakistan another great news for the local industry.

Stay tuned for more news.


My name is M. Ali Laghari and I love to read and write about Cars.

Notable Replies

  1. the news of Volkswagen was broken in November last year and there hasn't been a single news/development from any one since then... i think Volkswagen might have dropped its plan to enter Pakistan.

  2. After Corn flakes, cement, banking, aviation, Real Estate, Roads Construction, Pak Army is now also stepping into Automobile. Mashallah

  3. Absolutely right Hussain Bhai, from 1971 to 2018, they had nothing to do, now after conusimg 75% of our budget, ab remaining 25% ki bhi khair nahin...

  4. agar aapne political leaders k parhaaye howe bayanat se apna ghulamana zehen azad karlia hota thora google kar k..to ye bat na karte k 75% budget consume karti hai :wink:

    Dear Mods,

    kia Pakwheels k har topic mai politics allow hogai hai?

  5. Uzair Bhai, its not about any political party etc. I am a son of a Shaheed Soldier who fought against india...

    No politics Moderator Sahb, take my words back, let them loot us....

    Great step by NLC, Great work General Sahb, Pakistan zindabad, everything is WOW! Great, Amazing, well done....

    Happy Ramzan to all of us slaves ...

Post a Comment

2 more replies

Participants

Top