In Pakistan, most of the people don’t possess the legal permit, a driving license, to drive the vehicle on the road. People don’t even bother to get the driving license and authorities never severely crack down on people who use cars without driving license. This negligence by both the parties has caused serious traffic problems, sometimes resulting in a fatal crash leading to severe injuries and even deaths.
People don’t go to driving schools to properly learn how to drive on the roads and after that get a driving license from the authorities by passing the official driving test. In 2015-16, a total of 9100 traffic accidents occurred in Pakistan, and 4448 people were killed in these tragic accidents.
A driving license basically tells the competence of the driver i.e. his/her driving skills and vehicle he/she are allowed to drive. It is to be noted here that one reason people don’t opt for driving license is lack of information regarding how one can get a license.
In this particular write-up, we will tell you guys how one can apply and get a beginners, permanent and international driving license. One thing to mention here is that the article will only cover the driving license applying method of Punjab province.
The process for applying for a driver’s license is simple; all you need to do is just login to Driving License Issuance Management System (DLIMS) website download the license form from the download section, fill it and submit the required documents to the nearest licensing centre.
Different materials are needed for different types of licenses.
- A copy of C.N.I.C
- A Ticket of Rs.60 from any Post Office
- Get a Code Book of Traffic Rules & Regulation from Traffic Police Office
- Medical Certificate (for the candidates of 50 years or more)
- Motor Cycle/ Motor Car: 18 Years
- LTV (Rickshaw, Taxi, Tractor Commercial): 21 Years
- HTV 22 years
Note: Learner permits are issued on daily basis, with the validity of 6 months.
- Application Form (A) within a file cover
- Original Learner Permit of at least 6 weeks
- Medical Certificate
- 3 Passport size fresh Photo Graphs (Attested)
- An Attested Copy of C.N.I.C
- Paste a Ticket of Mentioned Fee on License Document
- Required International Application Form within a file cover
- An attested copy of C.N.I.C
- A copy of valid Driving License issued from Lahore
- A copy of Pakistani Passport valid for at least 6 Months with Visa
- 2 attested photograph (Passport Size)
- Rs. 66 Court Fee Ticket
- Rs. 450 Bank Challan Fee
Note: Applicant will bring his original C.N.I.C, Driving License and Passport with him at the time of submitting the form.
It would be worth mentioning here that one can also track the status and delivery time of the license from the DLIMS. It is an online license verification and tracking system introduced by the Government of Punjab.
That’s it from our side, stay tuned to PakWheels.com for updates.