Enjoying Ramadan in such scorching heat? Well many of you have witnessed this intense heatwave in Karachi for the first time unless you are frequent traveler to interior Sindh. Anyways, the point of making you read this article is to give you some information on how to keep your car cool in such extreme weather.
- First and for most, park your car under a shelter to avoid direct contact with sunlight and heat.
- While moving, keep your windows covered with shades as they help a lot in reducing the amount of sunlight entering your vehicle.
- Make sure your car is topped up with quality fluids like the engine coolant, motor oil, windshield washer liquid which you can easily check on your own. Engine coolant is very important as it helps to maintain your car’s engine temperature. Always use quality anti-freeze/anti-boil.
- Tire pressure is very important. Before starting on with any journey, make sure you check your tire pressure as the temperature outside makes the air in your car tires to expand resulting in a blowout.
- Changing your engine oil and filter is also very important as it will not just maintain the vehicle but also give a better fuel economy. One very important characteristic of engine oil is to dissipate heat. Quality lubricant will prevent your vehicle from overheating unnecessarily.
- Another important thing to be checked are your vehicle’s brakes. Make sure there is no leakage and the brake oil is up to the mark.
- One cannot travel in Jacobabad, Sibbi and other high temperature areas without proper air conditioning unit. The best way to recognize that your car’s A/C is working properly is check the dripping water which shows that the condensation process is taking place properly and the air conditioner is in perfect condition.
These were some of the important tips we could have come up with to make sure you have a pleasant drive in such high temperatures too. If we have missed out some points, feel free to mention them in the comment section below so that others can benefit from your knowledge as well.